Sharp VL-Z7U User Manual
\ Memory Card and
SD (Secure Digital) Memory Cards and
MultiMediaCards are small, handy and flexible
storage media used in a variety of mobile
applications. They are one of the smallest
memory solutions available on the market.
This camcorder uses either an SD Memory
Card or a MultiMediaCard. It cannot use a
SmartMedia/ card or Memory Stick
/ Memory Card
• Be sure to insert the card in the correct
direction. Do not try to force the card in.
• Store the card in its antistatic plastic case
when not in use.
• Do not disassemble or modify the card.
• Do not strike, bend or drop the card.
• Do not allow the card to become wet.
• Do not peel off the card label.
• Do not attach other labels or stickers to the
• Do not expose to extreme heat sources (e.g.
sunlight, heating appliances).
• Do not store in a highly humid or dusty place.
• Do not store in a place exposed to corrosive
• Do not use in a place exposed to strong
Protecting your images
• Select the write-protect switch on the exterior
card casing to protect your images. (SDMC)
• Do not power off any devices while transfer-
ring data, as this may destroy the data.
• Back up your image data often to a hard disk
or other permanent storage media.
• Be aware that formatting will erase all image
data stored on the card.
• Sharp Corporation cannot be held liable
for data that is lost through improper
handling of the storage media.
• Be careful not to allow dirt and finger grime
buildup around the card contacts.
• Be careful about static electricity, which can
suddenly erase data.
• If you notice dirt or static electricity, clean the
card with a soft, dry cloth.
• Be careful about condensation forming on the
card surface, which can cause malfunction.
• If you notice beads of water on the card,
allow it to evaporate and dry naturally.
• An SD Memory Card has more advanced
features than a MultiMediaCard, including
cryptographic security for copyrighted
data and a selectable mechanical write-
• The card slot on this camcorder is compat-
ible with an SD Memory Card or
• An SD Memory Card and a
MultiMediaCard are cross-compatible.
Data stored on one can be easily
transferred to the other.
• This camcorder is verified to work properly
with the following card memory types.
—SD Memory Card: 128 MB or less
—MultiMediaCard: 64 MB or less
Removable Storage Care
Below are some precautions to ensure a
long life and perfect performance from your
SD Memory Card (SDMC) or
MultiMediaCard (MMC). Information specific
to one card is attached with the card’s
acronym (either SDMC or MMC).