Sharp VL-Z7U User Manual
Self recording with reversed
Rotate the grip 90° and the LCD monitor
180° vertically so that you can record
yourself while holding the grip.
Open the LCD monitor to a 90° angle
to the camcorder body (1), and then
rotate it 180° vertically (2).
Set the Media Selection switch to V.
Set the Power switch to
• Do not rotate the monitor section to the self
recording position during recording or
• During self recording, the mode or menu
screen cannot be displayed.
• All of the manual settings are set to AUTO
and some other settings will set to OFF in self
• You may experience image noise when using
• To operate self recording with reversed grip
correctly, make sure to turn the grip and the
lens section so that the Start/Stop button and
the tripod socket face upward, and the lens
faces toward you. The
I indicator will
• Be sure that the LCD monitor rotation is
exactly 180°, otherwise the image recorded
will be rotated 180° upside-down.
• In self recording with reversed grip in Card
Camera mode, the still images will be
recorded rotated 180° upside down. The
indicator will appear in this case.
• The viewfinder does not work in self
recording with reversed grip.
Turn the camcorder downward as
Rotate the lens section 90° vertically
as shown below.