Sharp VL-Z7U User Manual
Dirty Video Heads
When the video heads have become
clogged with dirt (dust and tape coating
• mosaic-like noise appears on the
playback picture. (See illustrations above.)
• playback pictures do not move.
• during playback, the whole screen
Using a Cleaning Tape (Commer-
You can clean the video head with a
commercially available cleaning tape.
• Excessive use of the cleaning tape may
cause damage to the video heads. Please
read the instructions accompanying the
cleaning tape carefully before using it.
• The fast forward and rewind functions cannot
be used when the cleaning tape is in the
• If the video heads again become clogged
with dirt soon after cleaning, this might be
caused by a damaged tape. In this case,
stop using that cassette immediately.
Insert a cleaning tape into the
Set the camcorder to Tape Playback
• The video head cleaning screen
m on the Operation button to
begin video head cleaning.
• “NOW CLEANING” flashes during
• After about 20 seconds, video head
cleaning automatically finishes, and
“EJECT THE CASSETTE.” displays.
Remove the cleaning tape.
To cancel cleaning, press
Causes of video head clogging
• High-temperature and high-humidity
• A lot of dust in the air
• Damaged tape
• Worn tape
• Long-time use
• Dew formation
If the video heads become clogged, the
v indicator appears on the screen. Contact
the nearest SHARP service center or your
dealer for further advice.
S T O P
S T A R T
CL EA N I NG
C LE AN I NG