Appendix – Sharp VL-Z7U User Manual
This camcorder uses a lithium-ion type
• Charge the battery pack immediately (or a
day) before use. The battery pack
gradually self-discharges even if stored in
a fully charged state.
• Charge the battery pack between 50°F
and 86°F (10°C and 30°C).
• Fully charge the battery pack. Use of an
insufficiently charged battery pack will
shorten actual time of use.
• Refresh (discharging before charging) is
• To conserve battery power, be sure to turn
off the camcorder power when not in use.
• Battery consumption may vary depending
on the condition of use. Recording with
many starts and stops, frequent zooming,
and recording in low temperatures will
shorten actual recording times.
• Use of a weak battery pack may cause
loss of power while operating the
camcorder. Use a fully charged battery
pack to protect both the battery pack and
• It is recommended that you have enough
battery packs on hand to handle two or
three times your estimated recording time.
See page 22 for the approximate times of
actual recording for the battery packs.
Battery power is consumed even when
the camcorder power is turned off. If you
are not going to use your camcorder
immediately, remove the battery pack
(see page 7).
• Use only SHARP BT-L226 battery packs.
These are designed specifically for use with
• Store the battery pack in a fully dis-
• Store the battery pack in a dry, cool place.
• When storing the battery pack, put it in the
original protective plastic bag.
• Improper handling of the battery pack may
present a risk of fire or explosion. Pay close
attention to the following:
— Do not allow metallic objects to come in
contact with the terminals. This can
cause a short circuit.
— Do not disassemble or repair the
battery pack by yourself.
— Do not use any battery charging
equipment other than that designed for
use with these battery packs.
— Do not place the battery pack under
direct sunlight or in excessively hot
places (over 140°F or 60°C) such as the
dashboard of cars.
— Do not expose the battery pack to
moisture or water.
— Do not drop the battery pack or subject
it to strong force.
— Keep the battery pack out of reach of
— Dispose of used battery packs
promptly. Do not dispose of them in fire.
• To protect the terminals, put the cover on the
battery pack when it is not in use.
• The battery pack will become warm during
charging and use. This is not a malfunction.
• The battery pack has a limited service life. If
the period of use becomes noticeably shorter
with a normal charge, the battery pack is at
the end of its service life. Replace it with a new
• If the terminals of the battery pack are dirty,
wipe the terminals with a soft, dry cloth.