Itjzi threading the upper thread, Threading the upper thread – SINGER 2250 TRADITION User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Threading the Upper Thread____________
This is a simpie operation but it is important to carry out correctiy
as by not doing so severai sewing probiems couid resuit.
- Start by raising the needie to its highest point (1), and continue
turning the handwheei counterciockwise untii the needie just
siightiy begins to descend. Raise the presser foot to reiease
the tension discs.
For safety, it is strongiy suggested you turn off the
power before threading.
- Lift up the spooi pin. Piace the spooi of thread on the holder
with the thread coming off the spooi as shown. For smaii
thread spoois, piace smaii side of spooi hoider next to spooi. (2)
Draw thread from spooi through the upper thread guide (3)
and puii thread through pre-tension spring as iiiustrated. (4)
- Thread tension moduie by ieading thread down right channei
and up ieft channei. (5) During this process it is heipfui to hoid
the thread between the spooi and thread guide.
- At the top of this movement pass thread from right to ieft
siotted eye of the take-up iever and then
downwards again. (6)
- Now pass thread behind the thin wire needie ciamp guide (7)
and then down to the needie which shouid be threaded from
front to back.
- Puii about 6-8 inches of thread to the rear beyond the needie
eye. Trim thread to iength with buiit in thread cutter. (8)