Adjusting the thread tension for whip stitch – SINGER 1371A2 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
3) Adjust tension controller No. 2
for proper tension of the pallarel side seams by
judging from the stitch formation.
* Adjusting the thread tension for whip stitch:
1) Adjust the bobbin thread tension to approx. 40 to 50g by adjusting screw © of the
2) Exchange the adjusting springs of tension controllers No. 1© and No.2
(the tension controller No.2 will have a weak spring).
3) Adjust tension controller No.2
to prevent ravelling off at the end of a seam.
4) The stitches of the parallel sides or bar-tack can be adjusted by tension controller No. 1
* Adjusting the thread take-up spring (for purl stitch)
The suitable range of the stroke of thread take-up spring © is from 6 to 8mm with a
starting tension of 20 to 50g.
For adjusting the stroke of the thread take-up spring, loose screw ©, and insert a thin
screwdriver into the slit of tension post © to turn the tension post.
To adjust the tension of the thread take-up spring, insert a thin screwdriver into the slit
of tension post ® to turn it, with screw © tightened. The tension of the thread tade-up
spring increases when the tension post is turned clockwise, and decreases when turned