SINGER W150 FL User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
16. SOME USEFUL SEWENG HINTS
TO TURN CORNERS:
1. Stop the machine with needle while it is still in the material.
2. Raise the presser foot and turn the fabric using the needle as a pivot.
3. Lower the presser foot and resume sewing. ■
TO SEW ELASTIC FABRICS:
In sewing such elastic materials as flannels, bias cut cloths, etc., it is necessary to
sew them with moderately low thread tension. If not, the thread will break when
the sewn materials are stretched.
TO SEW VERY THIN CLOTH:
When sewing very thin cloth which tends to crumple as you sew, place a sheet
of newspaper or any other thin paper underneath the material and sew with the
shortest stitch possible. This will keep your work from crumpling.
1. Use a thicker lower thread than the upper.
2. Lower the tension of the upper thread (and/or raise the lower thread tension)
and employ the longest- stitch possible.
3. The stitches may then be easily undone by pulling the lower thread.
TO KEEP YOUR MACHINE IN PERFECT CONDITION :
1. Keep all moving parts of the machine constantly oiled and clean.
2. Always turn balance wheel towards you, even when by hand.
3. Do not run machine without cloth.
4. When sewing, do not pull the material lest you will bend the needle. The
machine is designed to feed itself.
5. Keep hinged plate closed when operating the machine.
6. Do not operate machine when presser bar lifter is raised.