Four step buttonhole, Four-step buttonhole – SINGER 10 User Manual
5, 6, 8, 10 Stitch Sewing Machine
(only for machines with 5, 6, 8 and 10 stitches)
Your machine makes buttonholes to any size you
choose in only four, easy steps.
* You never need to move the fabric or reposition the
* Always make a practice buttonhole on a sample of
* Be sure bobbin contains enough thread.
* When making buttonholes on hard-to-reach areas
convert machine bed to free arm sewing.
* Mark buttonhole position on fabric as indicated in
General Purpose (A)
* Raise presser foot.
* Place fabric under foot.
* Center 3 red guidelines (1) of foot around beginning
line of buttonhole.
* Turn buttonhole dial to the buttonhole symbol (A) for
the first step.
* Position needle in fabric at point (2) by turning the
hand wheel towards you.
* Stitch down to point 3.