Important safety instructions – SINGER 10 User Manual
5, 6, 8, 10 Stitch Sewing Machine
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using this machine, basic safety precautions
should always be followed including the following:
Read all instructions before using this machine.
DANGER - To reduce the risk of electric shock:
* The machine should never be left unattended when
plugged in. Always unplug the machine from the
electric outlet immediately after using and before
* Always unplug before re-lamping. Replace bulb with
the same type rated 15 watts. Be sure to replace the
face plate which covers the light bulb before operating
WARNING - To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric
shock or injury to persons:
* Be sure that the electrical voltage of the socket
outlet (wall receptacle) is the same as the rated
voltage of the motor.
* Use this machine only for its intended use as
described in this Operator's Guide. Use only
attachments recommended by the manufacturer as
contained in the Operator's Guide.
* To disconnect, turn all controls to the off
( "0" )position, then remove plug from outlet.
* Disconnect the power-line plug from the socket
outlet or switch the machine off when making any
adjustments in the needle area, such as threading
needle, changing needle, changing throat plate or
changing presser foot, etc.
* Always unplug the machine from the electrical outlet
when removing covers, lubricating, or when making
any other user servicing adjustments mentioned in the
* Do not attempt to adjust the motor belt. Contact your
nearest Service Center should any adjustment be
* Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp
the plug, not the cord.
* Handle the foot controller with care and avoid
dropping it on the floor. Be sure not to place anything
on top of it.
* Always use the proper throat plate. The wrong plate
can cause the needle to break.
* Do not use bent needles.
* When sewing, keep fingers away from all moving
parts. Special care is required around the sewing
* Do not pull or push fabric while stitching. It may
deflect the needle causing it to break.
* Before removing the bobbin case, remove plug from
the socket outlet.
* For double insulated machines, when servicing use
only identical replacement parts.
* Never operate the machine if it has a damaged cord
or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been
dropped or damage, or dropped into the water. Return
the machine to the nearest authorized dealer or
Service Center for examination, repair, electrical, or