Chapter 4. symptom-to-part index – LG LW60 User Manual
Ch4. Symptom-to-part index
Chapter 4. Symptom-to-part index
The symptom-to-part index in this section lists symptoms and errors and their possible causes.
The most likely cause is listed first.
If replacing a part (FRU) does not solve the problem, put the original part back in the computer.
Do not replace a non-defective FRU.
Power system checkout
· To verify a symptom, do the following :
1. Power off the computer.
2. Remove the battery pack.
3. Connect the AC adapter.
4. Check that power is supplied when you power on the computer.
5. Power off the computer.
6. Disconnect the AC adapter and install the charged battery pack.
7. Check that the battery pack supplies power when you power on the computer.
· If you suspect a power problem, see the appropriate one of the following power supply checkouts :
1. Checking the AC adapter
2. Checking the operational charging
3. Checking the battery pack
4. Checking the backup battery
· Checking the AC adapter
If the power-on indicator does not turn on, check the power cord of the AC adapter for correct continuity
If the computer does not charge during operation, go to “Checking operational charging.”
To check the AC adapter, do the following :
1. Unplug the AC adapter cable from the computer.
2. Measure the output voltage at the plug of the
AC adapter cable. See the following figure :
+18.05 ~ +19.95
Voltage (V dc)