System setup – LG CodePlus MUX/MOD Feature Card HCS6320 User Manual
Typical HCS6320 System Installation
(see also Typical Setup Flow Chart on the following page)
1. Verify that the individual transcoder cards are installed and set up as described in the
appropriate Installation & Setup Guide.
2. Plug in the power to the CodePlus card frame containing the newly installed feature card
and transcoder card(s).
The green STATUS LED on the HCS6320 front panel will blink approximately once every
second while the HCS6320 card boots up. The boot-up process for an HCS6320 may take
up to one minute. When the boot-up is complete, the STATUS LED will be lit continuously.
3. Once the STATUS LED is lit continuously (no longer blinking), use the FTDI TTL-232R-5V-
AJ cable to connect a PC to the HCS6320 Service Port.
4. Using HyperTerminal or an equivalent terminal emulation program on the PC, configure the
serial port as follows: Bits per second/baud = 115200; Data bits = 8; Parity = None; Stop
bits = 1; Flow Control = None. Then, initiate communication with the HCS6320.
Once the connection is established, press
Enter to refresh the screen and display the
HCS6320 Main Menu.
5. Use the HCS6320 Main Menu “rf” command, as described on page 31, to set the RF start
channel for the HCS6320.
6. (Optional) For remote management purposes, you can connect the HCS6320 to an IP
network and then use the Service Port connection to set the HCS6320 IP address:
a) Connect an Ethernet cable from the institution’s IP network to the HCS6320
b) Use the HCS6320 Main Menu “setip” command, as described on page 33, to set the
HCS6320 IP address.
7. Connect the HCS6320 RF OUT to the RF distribution system.
8. Check one or more room receivers to make sure all content is properly mapped and