Windows smb printing – NetComm Fast Ethernet Mini Print Server NP3640 User Manual
Rev. 1 - YML656
NP3640 Fast Ethernet Mini Print Server
Windows SMB Printing
This method requires no additional software to be installed, but the NetBEUI or TCP/IP
protocol must be installed on your computer. Use the following procedure to install the Print
Server's printer as a Windows SMB network printer:
1. Double-click the Network Neighborhood icon on the desktop.
2. On the View menu, select Details.
3. Locate the desired Print Server , as shown below:
If it is the same Workgroup as your computer, it will be listed on screen.
If it is in a different workgroup, double-click Entire Network, then double-click the
appropriate Workgroup to open it.
4. Double-click the Print Server icon to view a Printer icon for each printer port. The
"Comment" field may indicate what type of printer is connected to the port.
5. To install a printer, right-click the desired printer icon, and choose "Install", as shown below.
This will start the Add Printer wizard.
6. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
For information about the question "Do you print from MS-DOS programs?", see
Printing from MS-DOS Programs below.
Select the Printer Manufacturer and Model to match the printer connected to this port
on the Print Server , and complete the Wizard.