Windows with server-based print queues, Windows lpr printing – NetComm Fast Ethernet Mini Print Server NP3640 User Manual
Rev. 1 - YML656
NP3640 Fast Ethernet Mini Print Server
Windows with Server-based Print Queues
With a Server-based Print Queue, the Print Server is installed on an existing Network Server
(Windows, Unix, or NetWare), and is invisible to your computer.
If your Network Administrator chooses to use this system, the required setup procedure on
each Windows client is as follows:
1. Open your Printers folder, and start the Add Printer Wizard and click Next to continue.
2. When prompted, select Network Printer.
3. When prompted for Network Path or Queue Name, click the Browse button, and locate the
Server and Printer (or Print Queue) which your Network Administrator advised you to use.
4. Click OK, then Next.
5. Select the correct printer Manufacturer and Model, as advised by your Network
Administrator, and click Next.
6. Follow the prompts to complete the Wizard.
The new printer will be listed with any other installed printers, any may be selected when
printing from any Windows application.