Product warranty, Limitations of warranty, Product warranty limitations of warranty – NetComm Fast Ethernet Mini Print Server NP3640 User Manual
Rev. 1 - YML656
NP3640 Fast Ethernet Mini Print Server
The warranty is granted on the following conditions:
1. This warranty extends to the original purchaser (you) and is not transferable;
2. This warranty shall not apply to software programs, batteries, power supplies, cables or
other accessories supplied in or with the product;
3. The customer complies with all of the terms of any relevant agreement with NetComm and
any other reasonable requirements of NetComm including producing such evidence of
purchase as NetComm may require;
4. The cost of transporting product to and from NetComm’s nominated premises is your
5. NetComm does not have any liability or responsibility under this warranty where any cost,
loss, injury or damage of any kind, whether direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or
otherwise arises out of events beyond NetComm’s reasonable control. This includes but is
not limited to: acts of God, war, riot, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire,
floods, electricity outages, lightning, power surges, or shortages of materials or labour.
6. The customer is responsible for the security of their computer and network at all times.
Security features may be disabled within the factory default settings. NetComm recommends
that you enable these features to enhance your security.
The warranty is automatically voided if:
1. You, or someone else, use the product, or attempts to use it, other than as specified by
2. The fault or defect in your product is the result of a voltage surge subjected to the product
either by the way of power supply or communication line, whether caused by thunderstorm
activity or any other cause(s);
3. The fault is the result of accidental damage or damage in transit, including but not limited to
4. Your product has been used for any purposes other than that for which it is sold, or in any
way other than in strict accordance with the user manual supplied;
5. Your product has been repaired or modified or attempted to be repaired or modified, other
than by a qualified person at a service centre authorised by NetComm; and,
6. The serial number has been defaced or altered in any way or if the serial number plate has
Limitations of Warranty
The Trade Practices Act 1974 and corresponding State and Territory Fair Trading Acts or
legalisation of another Government (“the relevant acts”) in certain circumstances imply
mandatory conditions and warranties which cannot be excluded. This warranty is in addition to
and not in replacement for such conditions and warranties.
To the extent permitted by the Relevant Acts, in relation to your product and any other materials
provided with the product (“the Goods”) the liability of NetComm under the Relevant Acts is
limited to, at the option of NetComm to:
Replacement of the Goods; or
Repair of the Goods; or
Payment of the cost of replacing the Goods; or
Payment of the cost of having the Goods repaired.
All NetComm ACN 002 490 486 products have a standard 12 months warranty from date of
purchase. However some products have an extended warranty option (refer to packaging). To
be eligible for the extended warranty you must supply the requested warranty information to
NetComm within 30 days of the original purchase by registering on-line via the NetComm web
site at www.netcomm.com.au.
NetComm reserves the right to request proof of purchase upon any warranty claim.