Unpacking and installation, Unpacking, Installation – NetComm NP2500 User Manual
NP2500 24-Port 10/100 PoE + 2-Port 10/100/1000 WebSMART Switch User Guide
UNPACKING AND INSTALLATION
This chapter provides unpacking and installation information for the Switch.
Open the shipping cartons of the Switch and carefully unpacks its contents. The carton should contain the
• One NP2500 24-Port 10/100 PoE + 2-Port 10/100/1000 WebSMART Switch
• One AC power cord, suitable for your area’s electrical power connections
• Four rubber feet to be used for shock cushioning
• Screws and two mounting brackets
• CD-ROM with Web Management Utility and Manual
If any item is found missing or damaged, please contact NetComm immediately.
The site where you install the hub stack may greatly affect its performance. When installing, consider the
• Install the Switch in a fairly cool and dry place. See Technical Speciﬁcations for the acceptable tempera-
ture and humidity operating ranges.
• Install the Switch in a site free from strong electromagnetic ﬁeld generators (such as motors), vibration,
dust, and direct exposure to sunlight.
• Leave at least 10cm of space at the front and rear of the hub for ventilation.
• Install the Switch on a sturdy, level surface that can support its weight, or in an EIA standard-size equip-
ment rack. For information on rack installation, see the next section, titled Rack Mounting.
• When installing the Switch on a level surface, attach the rubber feet to the bottom of each device. The
rubber feet cushion the hub and protect the hub case from scratching.