Cooling the motor, If the machine has overheated – Vita-Mix XTG012 User Manual
Cooling the motor:
If the machine has overheated:
• The motor will stop and the message “MOTOR HAS
OVERHEATED REMOVE THE CONTAINER, THEN PRESS
START,” will scroll across the display window, while the words
“HOT SHUTDOWN” will remain in the display window alerting
you of the problem.
• The machine will not run until the container is removed and
the motor has cooled. Remove the container, shut the cover
door and press the START/STOP button and run the machine
for two minutes.
• When the motor is cool, “READY” will appear in the display
If you cannot fix your machine with these suggestions, technical help is available by calling
800-4DRINK4 (800-437-4654) or 440-235-0214. Outside the United States and Canada
contact your local Vita-Mix Dealer or contact Vita-Mix International at +1-440-782-2450, Email
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at www.vitamix.com/foodservice.
• Machine is running irregular
• Display panel reads garbage
• “NO PROGRAM” is displayed when a
button is pushed
• Button pressed starts the wrong
• Machine starts by itself
• A specific program button is defective
• Machine was turned off for a day,
week or month and turned on, but
there is no power
• Machine did not work right out of
• Machine works but no information
displayed on screen
• Program buttons run the blender on
the same speed
Turn the machine OFF and ON again to reset
Reset the machine to its original factory
settings. (Follow the instructions on page 7.)
Try plugging the machine into a new outlet.
Call Vita-Mix Customer Service.
• Display panel reads
A new programming chip is needed. Call
Vita-Mix Customer Service.
• Machine stops in the middle of its
blend cycle and resets; display panel
reads “VITA-MIX GENERAL
PROGRAM” then “READY”
Plug the machine into its own power supply.
Make sure the machine is not running on a
long extension cord.
MOTOR HAS OVERHEATED REMOVE..