About i.link, About the remaining battery time indicator, About storage of the battery pack – Sony GV-HD700 User Manual
Page 79: About battery life, What is i.link
With an AC Adaptor/charger, the remaining
battery time and charging time appear.
To charge the battery pack
• Make sure to charge the battery pack before you
start using your VCR.
• We recommend charging the battery pack in an
ambient temperature of between 10 °C to 30 °C
(50 °F to 86 °F) until the POWER/CHARGE
lamp turns off. If you charge the battery pack
outside of this temperature range, you may not
be able to charge it efficiently.
• After charging is complete, disconnect the cable
from the DC IN jack on your VCR or remove
the battery pack.
To use the battery pack effectively
• Battery pack performance decreases when the
surrounding temperature is 10 °C (50 °F) or
below, and the length of time you can use the
battery pack becomes shorter. In this case, do
one of the following to use the battery pack for a
– Put the battery pack in a pocket to warm it up,
and insert it in your VCR right before you
– Use a large capacity battery pack: NP-
• Frequent use of the LCD screen or a frequent
playback, fast forward or rewind operation
wears out the battery pack faster.
We recommend using a large capacity battery
• Make sure to set the POWER switch to OFF
(CHG) when not recording or playing back on
your VCR. The battery pack is also consumed
when your VCR is in recording pause or
• Have spare battery packs ready for two or three
times the expected recording time, and make
trial recordings before making the actual
• Do not expose the battery pack to water. The
battery pack is not water resistant.
About the remaining battery time
• When the power goes off even though the
remaining battery time indicator indicates that
the battery pack has enough power to operate,
charge the battery pack fully again. Remaining
battery time will be indicated correctly. Note,
however, that the battery indication will not be
restored if it is used in high temperatures for a
long time, or if left in a fully charged state, or
when the battery pack is frequently used. Use
the remaining battery time indication as a rough
• The E mark that indicates low battery flashes
even if there are still 5 to 10 minutes of battery
time remaining, depending on the operating
conditions or ambient temperature.
About storage of the battery pack
• If the battery pack is not used for a long time,
fully charge the battery pack and use it up on
your VCR once a year to maintain proper
function. To store the battery pack, remove it
from your VCR and put it in a dry, cool place.
• To discharge the battery pack on the VCR
completely, leave the VCR turning on without a
tape inserted into the VCR until the power goes
About battery life
• Battery capacity decreases over time and
through repeated use. If decreased usage time
between charges becomes significant, it is
probably time to replace it with a new one.
• Each battery’s life is governed by storage,
operating and environmental conditions.
The HDV/DV (i.LINK) interface on this
unit is an i.LINK-compliant interface. This
section describes the i.LINK standard and
What is i.LINK?
i.LINK is a digital serial interface for
transferring digital video, digital audio, and
other data to other i.LINK-compatible
devices. You can also control other devices
using the i.LINK.