Sip account properties – topology – CounterPath X-Lite 4.6 for Windows User Guide User Manual
X-Lite for Windows User Guide
SIP Account Properties – Topology
Table 3: SIP Account Properties – Topology
Firewall traversal mode
Choose the setting recommended by your VoIP service provider:
• Auto detect using ICE: Automatically determine the contact address for signaling
Advertise the local IP, public IP (discovered via STUN, if available) and media relay
IP and use these to automatically determine the best route for media traffic during
• Discover public IP address: Advertise the public IP address (discovered via STUN) for
the contact address for signaling traffic, and for the connection address for media
• Use media relay (TURN): Advertise the public IP address (discovered via STUN) for
the contact address for signaling traffic.
Advertise the address of a media relay server (discovered via TURN) for the
connection address for media traffic.
• None: Advertise the local IP address only for both signaling and media traffic.
• Empty: Discover the address of the firewall traversal server (the STUN or TURN
server), if available, using DNS SRV.
• Specified: Use the firewall traversal server specified as either an IP address or a fully
Range of ports
You can set a range of ports used for SIP signaling, RTP audio and video. The appropriate
setting depends on your computer setup:
• Checked: If your computer is behind a restrictive firewall that only allows specific
port ranges to be used. Enter the range of ports to use for your SIP account. (You must
also open those ports on your firewall; refer to applicable firewall documentation for
• Unchecked: If your computer is not behind a restrictive firewall.