Caring for your machine – SINGER 8768 HERITAGE User Manual
3. CARING FOR YOUR MACHINE
CLEANING HOOK AREA AND FEED
Always disconnect the machine from power
supply by removing the plug from the electrical
To ensure the best possible operation of your machine, it
is necessary to keep the essential parts clean at all times.
1. Raise the needle to its highest position.
2. Remove two screws on the needle plate (1) and slide the
needle plate toward you as illustrated for removal.
3. Remove the bobbin case (2).
4. Clean the feed dogs and hook area with the lint brush.
Put one drop of sewing machine oil on the hook race as
indicated by the arrows. (A, B)
5. Replace the bobbin case with the projection (3) positioned
against the spring (4).
6. Make sure that the needle is at its highest position and put
and slide the needle plate into position as illustrated.
Cleaning the sewing machine and foot controller
After using, keep sewing machine and foot controller clean.
Use dry rags to remove dust from the sewing machine and
NOTE: Use dry rags to avoid electrical shock.
NOTE: Singer brand sewing machine oil is suggested.
DO NOT use “all purpose” oil as it is not suited for
sewing machine lubrication.