Buttons, Sewing on a button – SINGER 1263 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Most flat buttons can be sewn quickly and easily using
the zig-zag stitch.
• Pattern: Zig-Zag
• Needle Position: i»
• Stitch Width: i | | [f| ^
• ^itch Length: 0
General Purpose Needle Plate
• Snap-in Feed Cover
• Button Foot
Sewing on a Button
• Set your machine up according to the code above.
• Mark position of button on garment. Place garment
under foot. Align garment so that the button is
directly under the foot. Lower the presser foot to grip
1. Turn hand wheel very slowly toward you until nee
dle point aligns with hole of the button. Adjust zig
zag stitch width, if necessary to permit clean entry
of the needle.
Continue turning hand wheel one complete
revolution and observe that the needle point is pro
perly positioned to enter the other hole.
• Take SIX to twelve stitches.
• Remove garment from machine. Pull threads to un
derside of garment and trim.