Transporting your companion – Golden Technologies Companion II User Manual
NOTE: All Golden Companion scooters (see figures 40, 41, and 42) can be equipped
with docking devices for loading onto a vehicle by means of a mechanical
lift or hoist.
Contact your Golden Technologies, Inc. dealer for more information con-
cerning docking devices and scooter lift devices.
To Transport Your Companion:
• Disassemble or fold down the seat and tiller (see section VII. “Disassembly”) as close as
possible to the loading area of the vehicle to be used for transporting your scooter.
• The degree to which you disassemble your Companion or fold the seat and tiller de-
pends on the size and shape of the cargo area of the transporting vehicle.
• Do not lift your Companion by its plastic body parts. Breakage of these parts is not
covered by the warranty.
• Do not use the tires or wheels to lift the rear carriage. The carriage may rotate and
cause injury or damage.
• Moving blankets or other forms of padding may be used to protect your Companion
WARNING: If you are using a mechanical lift to load your Companion onto the
transporting vehicle, the batteries must remain installed in the scooter.
This may cause the scooter to disassemble and cause injury or dam-
WARNING: If your scooter and its components are not properly and securely stowed
during transportation, the scooter or the components may move or
become airborne and cause injury or damage.
TRANSPORTING YOUR COMPANION
FOUR-WHEEL COMPANION II
Companion Owner's Manual: GC222, GC223, GC322, GC323, GC325, GC421