Care and maintenance – Golden Technologies Companion II User Manual
MAIN CIRCUIT BREAKER
The 50-amp main circuit breaker reset
button is located on the rear electrical
enclosure. See figure 45.
WARNING: Do not attempt electrical
repairs. Consult Golden
Technologies, Inc. or your
authorized Golden Tech-
nologies, Inc. dealer.
If, for no apparent reason, your Com-
panion stops operating, the main circuit
breaker may have tripped.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
MAIN CIRCUIT BREAKER RESET
FIGURE 45. MAIN CIRCUIT BREAKER RESET
Possible causes for the main circuit breaker to trip:
• Low tire pressure can cause the motor to overload and trip the main circuit breaker.
(see “ Wheels and Tires” in this section of this manual and see section X. “Diagnos-
• Run-down batteries.
As you operate your Companion, battery voltages go down and battery current must
rise to satisfy the demands of the motor and of other electrical devices operating on your
scooter. This can cause a heavy current draw that will trip the main circuit breaker.
• Recharge your Companion’s batteries. See “Charger and Batteries” in this section of
• If the problem continues, have your authorized Golden Technologies, Inc. dealer load
test the batteries.
• If the batteries are good, the charger may be the problem. Consult your authorized
Golden Technologies, Inc. dealer.
Resetting the Main Circuit Breaker
If the main circuit breaker trips as a result of run-down batteries or because of a tem-
porary overload, reset the circuit breaker:
1. Wait a minute or so for the motor control board to return to the normal operating
2. Make certain that the key switch is set to the “Off” position.
3. Press in on the main circuit breaker reset button. See figure 45.
NOTE: If the main circuit breaker continues to trip, there is probably an underly-
ing electrical fault that needs attention.
Companion Owner's Manual: GC222, GC223, GC322, GC323, GC325, GC421