Care and maintenance – Golden Technologies Companion II User Manual
IF YOUR COMPANION DOES NOT OPERATE
• Make certain that the brake handle is set to the engaged position. See section VIII,
figure 32, page 23, “Assembly.”
• Check the main circuit breaker. If necessary, reset the circuit breaker.
• Make certain that the speed adjustment dial is at the desired setting.
• Make certain that the key switch is set to the “On” position.
• If none of the above procedures solve the problem, contact your authorized Golden
Technologies, Inc. dealer.
All of the bearings on your Golden Companion are permanently lubricated and
• No lubrication is required.
Golden Companion scooters are equipped with a headlight and two taillights. These
lights are intended to enhance user safety.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
LIGHT BULB REPLACEMENT
Companion Owner's Manual: GC222, GC223, GC322, GC323, GC325, GC421
1. Remove the seat. See section VII. “Disassembly.”
2. Disconnect the taillight connector. See section VII.
3. Remove the rear shroud. See section VII. “Disassembly.”
4. Turn the shroud upside down.
5. Twist the gray rubber part of the light assembly counter-
6. Pull the assembly out of the mounting hole.
7. Pull the old bulb (do not twist) straight out of the assembly.
8. Push (do not twist) a new bulb into the assembly.
9. Insert the assembly into the mounting hole.
10. Twist the assembly clockwise to lock it in place.
11. Replace the shroud. See section VIII. “Assembly.”
12. Connect the taillight connector. See VIII “Assembly.”
13. Replace the seat. See section VIII. “Assembly.”
To replace the headlight bulb, the tiller shroud will need to be removed.
Consult your authorized Golden Technologies, Inc. dealer with regard
to this bulb replacement.