Care and maintenance – Golden Technologies Companion II User Manual
CLEANING YOUR COMPANION
• Clean the tires with ordinary kitchen-type cleaners and a damp cloth.
• Do not use solvents on the tires. Solvents can cause the tire material to break down
or become too soft.
• Check tire pressure every 3 weeks.
The body (rear shroud, tiller shroud, deck shroud) of your Golden Companion is formed
ABS plastic and coated with a durable automotive-type finish.
• Clean the body of your scooter as you would clean a car.
• Use cool water mixed with a mild soap to remove dirt and oils.
• Use a nonabrasive car wax on the ABS body parts.
• Buff by hand with a soft cloth.
• Clean with a mild soap or mild detergent and a damp cloth.
• A vinyl cleaner may also be used.
• Clean with a damp cloth.
• You may also use an upholstery cleaner.
• Make certain that you do not soak the cloth seats. The interior foam rubber will hold
• Wash in a heavy-duty clothes washer.
• Or, spray clean with an automotive-type wand after the carpet has been removed
from the scooter.
• The deck carpet is held in place with hook and loop fasteners. Simply pull up on the
carpet to remove it.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Companion Owner's Manual: GC222, GC223, GC322, GC323, GC325, GC421