Care and maintenance – Golden Technologies Companion II User Manual
• If you have not used, your Golden Companion for more than three days, make certain
that you charge the batteries on the night before you are going to use your scooter.
This will ensure that you start operating your scooter with a full charge on the bat-
• If you use your scooter during the day, charge the batteries as soon as you are fin-
ished using it. The charger is fully automatic. You cannot overcharge the batteries.
Following this procedure will prepare your Companion for a full day’s service each
• If you use your scooter sparingly over the course of the day, and have not reduced
the charge on the batteries by any great amount, it may not be necessary to charge
the batteries every night.
GEL-cell or AGM deep-cycle batteries are used for operating Golden Companion scooters.
• These batteries are maintenance free.
• There is no danger of spillage or leakage, so these batteries are safely transportable
on aircraft, busses, trains, etc.
• By following the procedures set out in this manual, you can expect extended life from
your Golden Companion’s batteries.
If the battery terminals become corroded:
• Corrosion can cause a poor electrical connection and operational problems.
• Clean corroded battery terminals with a stiff brush and a solution of baking soda
Battery Cable Installation
1. Use a machine screw, a split washer, and a nut to attach the red cable ring terminal
to the positive (+) battery terminal.
2. Use a machine screw, a split washer, and a nut to attach the black cable ring termi-
nal to the negative (-) battery terminal.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Companion Owner's Manual: GC222, GC223, GC322, GC323, GC325, GC421