Dialing and transmission problems – GE UX-CL 220 User Manual
Problems and Solutions
Dialing and transmission problems
No dial tone when you
pick up the handset or
press the SPEAKER key.
• Make sure the handset cord is connected to the
correct jack. See Connecting the handset on page
Dialing is not possible.
• Make sure the power cord is properly plugged into
a power outlet.
• Make sure that the telephone line is properly
connected to both the TEL. LINE jack and the wall
jack (see page 15).
• Make sure that the fax machine is set to the correct
dialing mode for your telephone line. See Dial
mode on page 15.
The power is on, but no
transmission takes place.
• Make sure that the receiving machine has paper.
• If the receiving machine is in manual mode with no
attendant, reception will not be possible.
• Check the display for error messages.
• Pick up the handset and check for a dial tone.
Nothing is printed at the
• Make sure that the document for transmission is
placed face down in the feeder.
A distorted image is
received at the other end.
• Noise on the telephone line may cause distortion.
Try sending the document again.
• Make a copy of the document on your fax machine.
If the copy is also distorted, your fax machine may