Reception and copying problems – GE UX-CL 220 User Manual
Problems and Solutions
Reception and copying problems
The fax machine doesn't
• Make sure that the reception mode is set to FAX. If
you subscribe to a distinctive ring service, make
sure that the Distinctive Ring function is set to the
correct ring pattern. If you do not subscribe to a
distinctive ring service, make sure that Distinctive
Ring is set to OFF SETTING. (See Distinctive Ring
on page 101.)
The printing paper comes
out blank when you try to
receive a document.
• Make sure that the document is loaded properly in
the feeder of the transmitting machine. Make a
copy or print a report to confirm the printing ability
of your machine.
General print quality is
• It is important to select a paper that is appropriate
for the thermal transfer printer in your fax. We
recommend using laser quality paper that has a
very smooth finish. Copier paper will work, but it
sometimes tends to yield a lighter print quality.
The received document is
• Ask the other party to send higher contrast
documents. If the contrast is still too low, your fax
machine may need service. Make a copy or print a
report to check your machine’s printing ability.
Received images are
• Noise on the telephone line may cause distortion.
Have the other party try sending the document
• The print head may be dirty. See Print head on
• Make a copy or print a report on your fax machine.
If the copy or report is also distorted, your fax
machine may need service.
A received document or
copy prints out in strips.
• Make sure the operation panel is completely closed
(press down on both sides of the panel).