General problems – GE UX-CL 220 User Manual
Problems and Solutions
The quality of copies is
poor and/or dark vertical
• Any dirt or material on the scanning glass will
cause spots to appear on copies and transmitted
faxes. Clean the scanning glass as explained on
• If reception or copying takes place continuously for
a long time, the print head may overheat. Turn off
the power and let it cool down. If overheating
frequently occurs, try changing the print contrast
setting to LIGHT (see page 24).
Dark vertical lines appear
on copies and received
• Try changing the print contrast setting to LIGHT
(see page 24).
Auto-dial numbers cannot
be stored in the fax.
• Make sure the fax is plugged in and the imaging
film has been loaded. (Auto-dial numbers cannot
be stored if the imaging film has not been loaded.)
See Loading the Imaging Film in Chapter 1.
Nothing appears in the
• Make sure the power cord is properly plugged into
a power outlet.
• Connect another electrical appliance to the outlet to
see if it has power.
The machine does not
respond when you press
any of its keys.
• If a beep sound is not made when you press the
keys, unplug the power cord and then plug it in
again several seconds later.
feeding does not work for
transmission or copying.
• Check the size and weight of the document (see
Transmittable Documents on page 73).