Genie 2024 User Manual
MOUNTING THE OPENER:
1. Getting started.
• Position assembled rail on wall next to header
– Place material on floor under power head to
protect from scratching. (A box, stool, or
similar device may be needed to clear a
NOTE: For header bracket pins locate Bag 2 from
2. Mounting the assembly.
• Attach rail to header bracket using clevis pin
and cotter pin
• Support power head on step-ladder to prevent
interference with header mounted (torsion)
NOTE: Before final attachment to ceiling, insure
that assembly is in proper alignment (Fig. 2-4).
NOTE: For nuts, bolts, and lag screws locate Bag
3 from Box 1.
finished ceilings, locate ceiling joists or
trusses using a stud finder or similar device.
Attach angle iron (not provided) to joists or
trusses through finish material using (provided)
unfinished ceilings or open ceilings, straps
may attach directly to joists or trusses.
Depending on the garage construction, extra
framing material (not provided) which may be
required should be installed using appropriate
NOTE: Refer to your local building codes for
appropriate construction techniques.
• Attach mounting straps (not provided) to ceiling
using lag bolts
• Set height of power head to following
a) Rail must clear door at door’s highest point
b) Rail must be level or at power head end
slightly below level.
• Securely tighten power head mounting bolts
• Carefully raise and lower door manually.
Ensure door does not contact any section of
power head or rail.
• Check that rail clamp bolts and nuts are tight.
DO NOT PLUG OPENER IN YET!
YES / SÍ / OUI
FIG. 2-4 Position assembly and align.
(not to scale)
FIG. 2-6 Mounting the power head.
ANGLE IRON ON FINISHED CEILING
Attach angle iron to beams
UNFINISHED OR OPEN BEAM
bolts & nuts
bolts & nuts
FIG. 2-5 Rail mounting to header bracket
PN# 37026500123 05/15/2009