Caution – Genie 2024 User Manual
PN# 37026500123 05/15/2009
3b. Wiring (pre-wired).
• Route wire from wall to Safe-T-Beam
• Splice pre-wiring to shortened sensor wire,
match wire pairs dash-to-dash (striped-to-
striped) and plain-to-plain (white-to-white).
- Trim sensor wire to approximately one foot
(1 ft) from sensor.
- Split and strip ends of sensor wires and
- Splice wires together with (provided)
• Route wire from ceiling to power head
• Securely fasten wires where they exit
wall and ceiling as you go.
– Use insulated staples.
– Staples should be snug only.
4. Split and strip ends of sensor wires (Fig. 4-7).
NOTE: For rear cover locate Box 4.
5. Attach Safe-T-Beam
wire to power head wire
• Route Safe-T-Beam
wires through wire guide
on power head.
– Insert wire into terminal holes and lightly press
in the orange locking clips above each terminal
hole. (You can use a pencil or small
screwdriver to comfortably reach in and lightly
press down locking clips.) Insert white wires to
'even' numbered terminal holes and striped
wires into 'odd' terminal holes
– Confirm wire lock by lightly tugging on the wire.
The wire should remain in the terminal hole.
• Do not install the white (lamp) cover at this time.
alignment check must be
performed following connection to electrical
power (see page 19). DO NOT PLUG IN YET!
Staples which are too tight can cut or pinch wires.
Cut or pinched wires can cause the Safe-T-Beam
System to stop working. When using the insulated
staples, make sure you fasten them only as tightly
as needed to hold the wire snugly.
FIG. 4-7 Splitting and stripping
FIG. 4-6 Wire routing
Invisible Light Beam
if NOT pre-wired
(Power Head With Rear Cover Removed)
FIG. 4-5b Pre-Wired source and sensor wiring
6 5 4 3 2 1
6 5 4 3 2 1
Dashed Line = striped wire
Solid Line = white wire