Save these instructions, Important safety instructions, Warning – Genie 2024 User Manual
PN# 37026500123 05/15/2009
Use Wall Control supplied with opener. Any other Wall Control can cause
the opener to operate unexpectedly.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Genie
customer service at:
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
1. READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Never let children operate or play with the door controls. Keep the remote control away from children.
3. Always keep the moving door in sight and away from people and objects until the door is completely
closed. NO ONE SHOULD CROSS THE PATH OF THE MOVING DOOR.
4. NEVER GO UNDER A STOPPED, PARTIALLY OPEN DOOR.
5. Test opener monthly. The door MUST reverse on contact with a 1-1/2" high object (or a 2" x 4" board
laid flat) at the center of the doorway on the floor. After adjusting either the force or the limit of travel,
retest the door opener. Failure to adjust the opener properly may cause severe injury or death.
6. When possible, use the emergency release only when the door is closed. Use caution when using this
release with the door open. Weak or broken springs are capable of increasing the rate of door closure
and increasing the risk of severe injury or death.
7. KEEP DOORS PROPERLY BALANCED. See your garage door Owner’s Manual. An improperly
balanced door increases the risk of severe injury or death. Have a trained door system technician make
repairs to cables, spring assemblies, and other hardware.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
To reduce the risk of severe injury or death:
1. Door balance.
• With the door closed, pull emergency release
knob (Carriage Lock) towards the opener to
release door from carriage assembly.
• Raise door manually approximately 3'- 4' and
– Door should remain stationary or move
– If door moves quickly,
CONTACT A TRAINED
DOOR SYSTEM TECHNICIAN.
• Close the door.
• Pull emergency release knob towards door to
– Operate door using remote.
– Door will re-attach itself to carriage assembly.
ROUTINE MONTHLY MAINTENANCE
2. Contact reverse.
• Place a 2" x 4" board laid flat on floor.
– In center of garage door opening.
• Close door by using wall control or remote control.
– Door fails to reverse on contact with board
(See section "CONTACT REVERSE
– Opener still fails
CONTACT THE GENIE COMPANY OR AN
• Red LED blinks.
– check alignment (See section ).
• Garage door hardware (springs, cables,
brackets, pulleys, etc.) are under extreme
pressure and tension.
DO NOT attempt to repair or adjust door springs
or any hardware, and
DO NOT OPERATE garage
automatically or manually if door is
improperly balanced or springs are broken.
CONTACT A TRAINED DOOR SYSTEM