Fcc and ic certified – Genie 2024 User Manual
PN# 37026500123 05/15/2009
FCC and IC CERTIFIED
FIG. 7-1 Learn code button and LED
This device complies with FCC Part 15 and RSS 210
of Industry Canada. This equipment has been tested
and found to comply with the limits for a Class B
digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable
protection against harmful interference in a residential
installation. This equipment generates, uses and can
radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed
and used in accordance with the instructions, may
cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will
not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment
does cause harmful interference to radio or television
reception, which may be determined by turning the
equipment OFF and ON, the user is encouraged to
try to correct the interference by one or more of the
• Re-orient or relocate the receiver antenna.
• Increase the separation between the opener
• Connect the opener into an outlet on a circuit
different from that to which the receiver is
• Consult your local dealer.
PROGRAMMING REMOTE CONTROLS
NOTE: For remote control locate Box 3.
1a. Single Button Remote Programming.
NOTE: This opener can learn up to 7 transmitter
• Locate "Learn Code" button and indicator
LED on the power head
• Press and release "
Learn Code" button.
– Indicator LED will blink RED at a rate of twice
Within 30 seconds, push remote control
– Indicator LED will stop blinking and stay
• Press remote control button again.
– Red LED will go out. Remote is now programmed
and ready for use.
1b. Multi Button Remote Programming.
NOTE: Each button on a multi-button remote is
designed for use with 1 door. You cannot
program 2 buttons to operate the same door, nor
can you program 1 button to operate 2 doors.
You can program a maximum of 7 different
transmitters or wireless devices.
NOTE: Pushing two buttons on power head
simultaneously will erase programmed memory and
limits must be reset.
• For each button
– Program each button separately using the
Single Button Remote Programming steps.
• Press remote button once.
– Door will move.
• Press button again.
– Door will stop.
• Press button again.
– Door will move in opposite direction.
NOTE: The door will stop automatically at the
fully open or fully closed position.
A moving door can cause serious injury or death.
1. Keep people clear of opening while door is
2. Do NOT allow children to play with opener,
including Wall Control, remote control, or
3. During programming, the door opener could
begin to run, so keep people and objects away
from the moving door and its parts. To keep the
door from moving, close the door and
disconnect it from the Opener by pulling the
LOST OR STOLEN REMOTE
1. Clear memory.
• Press and hold "
Learn Code" button (on
power head) for 10 seconds or until the red
blinking indicator LED goes out.
• Program remaining or new remote controls as
done previously. Your door opener will no
longer recognize any signal received from the
missing remote control, or any other which has
not been reprogrammed.
NOTE: To program a
device follow the
instructions in your car owner’s manual.
Limit controls location
on power head.