Genie 2024 User Manual
PN# 37026500123 05/15/2009
FIG. 6-5 2 x 4 under center of door opening.
CONTACT REVERSE TEST
The force adjustments and limit switch settings
MUST BE COMPLETED before testing.
• Open garage door using Wall Control.
– Place a 2" x 4" board (laid flat) under
of garage door opening (FIG. 6-5).
• Close door using Wall Control.
• When door contacts board, the door must stop
(within 2 seconds) and reverse direction
returning to open position.
• If the door does not properly reverse.
– Check to see if door has "close" limit
programmed. It should not have reached its
"close" limit before hitting board.
– If the door STOPS but does not reverse,
CLOSE FORCE" control
setting slightly (turn it counter-clockwise).
• Test again. Repeat as necessary until door
reverses upon contacting board.
1. Press and hold both of the "SET" buttons
( & ) together until the green indicator
light blinks (about 5 seconds).
2. All close and open travel limit settings are
erased. Then follow the steps above to
reprogram close and open travel limits.
NOTE: The opener will not close the door
automatically unless the Safe-T-Beam
ERASE - OPEN/CLOSE TRAVEL LIMIT