Digital out setting” on p, 33 f – Marantz BD8002 User Manual
• Settings with (*) are the default.
• Quick menu consists of the setting menus frequently used, and they are accompanied with
• If you set “Source Direct” to “On”, “HDMI Audio Out” to “HDMI 2ch” or “7.1ch Audio Out” to
“2 Channel”, “Bass Enhancer” is not available.
• Under following circumstances, “HDMI Multi(Normal)”, “HDMI Multi(LPCM)” and “HDMI 2ch” is
- HDMI cable is not connected to HDMI OUT jack.
- Connected display device is off.
- Connected display device is not compatible with audio output.
• When “Source Direct” is set to “On”, “Bass Enhancer” and “Speaker Configuration” are not
Digital Out Setting
When the “Audio Mute” is selected in “HDMI Audio Out” setting, audio signal of the HDMI is muted
and the audio signals output from DIGITAL OUT changes depending on the “Digital Out” setting.
<“Digital Out” setting>
A HDMI Audio Out A Audio Mute
• This setting is not effective when the HDMI audio signal is output.
• When both HDMI and DIGITAL OUT is connected to other devices, the audio signals currently
output from the HDMI OUT will be output from the DIGITAL OUT jack as well, except that Dolby
Digital signal will be output instead of Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD, and DTS signal will be
output instead of DTS-HD.
• When “BD Audio Mode” is set to “HD Audio Output”, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, or DTS-HD
will be output as core stream (Dolby Digital or DTS). If the audio source is Dolby Digital, DTS, or
LPCM, the same audio stream type set in the “HDMI Audio Out” will be output. (When outputting
Multi LPCM from HDMI OUT, 2ch Downmix LPCM will be output from DIGITAL OUT.)
• When “BD Audio Mode” is set to “Mix Audio Output”, the audio output from DIGITAL OUT will follow
the setting in the “HDMI Audio Out”. (When outputting Multi LPCM from HDMI OUT, 2ch Downmix
LPCM will be output from DIGITAL OUT.)
7.1ch Audio Out
Sets the audio format for the audio
output from the 7.1ch AUDIO OUT.
The multi-audio signals are output from the 7.1ch
AUDIO OUT. Refer to pages 34-35 for setting options.
Down-mixed 2-channel audio signals are output from
the 7.1ch AUDIO OUT jacks.
Sets the digital audio output when
playing BD or DVD recorded in
LPCM signals are converted to 48 kHz for output.
• Set to “On” when using digital connections to an AV
amplifier that is not compatible with sampling
frequencies of 96 kHz.
For BD or DVD recorded in LPCM without copyright
protection, 2-channel audio signals up to 192 kHz are
output as LPCM signals with no conversion.
Sets whether to compress the
range of sound volume (Dynamic
Range Control) when Dolby Digital,
Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby TrueHD
audio is played back.
When the discs that are recorded in the Dolby TrueHD
format is in playback, this unit detects DRC setting of
the disc and set the DRC setting of this unit to “On” or
Sets to output the audio without
adding speaker settings to the
audio signals from the disc.
Select this to output the audio without any effect of
Select this to output the audio with the effect of
Sets whether to output the
subwoofer when playing back
content that does not have LFE
(Low Frequency Effect) signal.
(e.g. content with only 2 channel
Audio signal will be output from the subwoofer. (Please
set “Subwoofer” in the “Speaker Configuration” to
No audio signal will be output from the subwoofer.
Sets the amount of the delay time
between the picture and audio
0ms to 200ms (0ms*)
The audio signal will be delayed for the amount of time
Sets to create a surround effect in
a system with 2 speakers
Virtual surround is set to off.
A natural surround effect in a system with 2 speakers
A stronger surround effect in a system with 2 speakers
connected than "1".
When playing back discs recorded in Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS or
DTS-HD, the corresponding core stream (Dolby Digital or DTS) are output.
LPCM signal will be output from DIGITAL OUT.
E5E30UD_EN.book Page 33 Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:43 PM