35 f – Marantz BD8002 User Manual
This unit allows you to enjoy multi-channel surround sound such as 7.1-channel / 5.1-channel
<Example of basic layout with 7.1ch surround system>
To make the most of its feature, set up your speakers appropriately by referring to the table below.
Speaker setting options are available at the following locations;
<Speaker setting for the audio signal output from the HDMI OUT jack >
(Available when you have HDMI cable connected to the HDMI OUT jack)
A Quick A HDMI Audio Out A HDMI Multi(LPCM)
A Custom A Audio A HDMI Audio Out A HDMI Multi(LPCM)
<Speaker setting for the audio signal output from the 7.1ch AUDIO OUT jacks >
A Quick A 7.1ch Audio Out A Multi Channel
A Custom A Audio A 7.1ch Audio Out A Multi Channel
How to navigate through the “HDMI Multi(LPCM)” and “Multi Channel” setting
1) Use [U / V] to select the menu item.
2) Use [U / V] to select setting items.
• Use [RETURN] to go back to the previous screen.
3) Use [Y / Z] to select desired options.(Except for “Test Tone” and “Default”.)
For “Test Tone”:
Use [Y / Z] to select “Manual” or “Auto”, then press [ENTER].
• The test tone will be output. If you select “Manual”, use [U / V] to select desired speaker, then use
[Y / Z] to adjust the volume. If you select “Auto”, use [Y / Z] to adjust the volume of the speaker
that output the test tone.
• If you want to stop the test tone, press [RETURN].
Press [ENTER] to reset the “Delay Time” setting to the default.
4) Press [SETUP] to exit.
• For “Speaker Configuration”, the settings of each speaker sizes may be adjusted automatically
corresponding to each setting. (e.g. If the “Front” is set to “Small”, the “Subwoofer” will automatically
set to “On” and also you cannot set “Center”, “Surround”, and “Surround Back”, to “Large”.)
• If you connect to 5.1-channel surround system, set “Surround Back” in “Speaker Configuration” to “None”.
• “None” for “Center”, “Surround” and “Surround Back” is not available for the speaker setting for the
audio signal output from the HDMI OUT jack .
• “Off” for “Subwoofer” is not available for the speaker setting for the audio signal output from the
HDMI OUT jack.
Front speaker (left)
Surround speaker (left)
Surround speaker (right)
Surround back speaker (left)
Surround back speaker (right)
Front speaker (right)
Select the desired
speaker to set. Then
change the setting
referring to the
For the large speakers
with strong low frequency
For the small speakers
which do not provide
strong bass sound.
For “Subwoofer” there is
only “On” or “Off”.
For speakers set to
“Small”, the sound
below that of this
frequency are cut.
This bass sound that
has been cut is
output from the
subwoofer or a
speaker for which
“Large” is set.
Select according to the
of the connected speaker.
E5E30UD_EN.book Page 34 Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:43 PM