Befor e y ou call for service, Before you call for service – Maytag CWG4600 User Manual
Before You Call For Service
Check these points if…
Part or all of your wall oven does not
• Is the wall oven plug loose or disconnected
from the electrical outlet (if not wired direct
to the electrical supply)?
• Are any house fuses blown or circuit breakers
• Has the power or gas supply to the home been
• Are the oven controls properly set?
• Is the oven set for programmed cooking?
Food not baking correctly
• Are the oven racks properly placed for
• Have you used aluminum foil correctly?
• Was the oven preheated as recommended?
• Is there 1 to 2 inches of space between pans
and the oven walls? Are the wall oven and
oven racks level?
• Was good cookware/bakeware of the proper
• Are you using a tested recipe from a reliable
source? The oven thermostat on your new
wall oven may be more accurate than the one
on your old wall oven.
• Was the oven vent covered or blocked on the
wall oven surface?
• Is your oven level?
Food does not broil properly
• Are the controls for broiling set properly?
(See Broiling section, page 13.)
• Was the proper rack position used? (See
Broiling section, page 13.)
• Was the broiler pan received with the wall
• Was aluminum foil used on the broiler pan
insert, blocking the slits for fat drainage?
Oven light dose not operate
• Is the bulb loose or burned out?
• Is the light switch in the On position?
“F” plus a number appears in the display
• These are fault codes. If a fault code appears
in the display and a continuous beep sounds,
press the CANCEL pad and reset the cooking
operation. If the fault code reappears,
disconnect power to the wall oven and call a
qualified service technician.
ou Call For