Sound adjus tme nts – Sony D-VM1 User Manual
V-SUR (Virtual Surround)
Uses sound imaging to create virtual speakers
from the sound of the front speakers (L, R)
without using actual speakers. The virtual
speakers are reproduced for multiple audio
format, such as Dolby Digital 5.1-channel, as
shown in the illustration below.
This mode is effective when listening with
stereo TV or active speakers.
You can enjoy a powerful bass-boosted
“MEGABASS2” enhances the bass sound
more than “MEGABASS1.”
• When you select an effect, the sound cuts off for a
• When the playing signal does not contain a signal for
the rear speakers (page 42), the surround effects may
be difficult to hear.
• Depending on the headphones, the surround effect
may be difficult to hear.
• When you select one of the virtual surround items in
sound mode, turn off the surround setting of the
connected TV or amplifier (receiver).
• If the sound is distorted when “MEGABASS1” or
“MEGABASS2” is selected, turn down the volume.
L: Left front speaker
C: Center speaker
R: Right front speaker
LS: Left rear speaker
RS: Right rear speaker
: Virtual speakers