Table 9. access led indicators, Appendix b: troubleshooting, Nd 9 – National Instruments PXI-6561/6562 User Manual
NI Digital Waveform Generator/Analyzer Guide
Appendix B: Troubleshooting
Device Front Panel ACCESS LED on PXI Module is Off
When PXI Chassis is On
If the ACCESS LED is not lit after you power on the PXI chassis, a problem
may exist with the PXI power rails, a hardware device, or the LED.
The LEDs may not light until the device has been configured
in MAX. Before troubleshooting this issue, verify that the device
appears in MAX.
Troubleshoot this issue by completing the following steps:
1. Power off your PXI chassis.
2. Disconnect any signals from the PXI module front panel.
3. Remove the PXI module and inspect for signs of damage. Do not reinstall
a damaged device.
4. Reinstall the PXI module using the procedure described in
5. Power on your PXI chassis.
6. Verify the device appears in MAX.
7. Reset the device in MAX and perform a self-test. Refer to
device resets and self-tests in MAX.
8. If the ACCESS LED still fails to light, contact NI support at
Table 9. ACCESS LED Indicators
Device not ready.
Device being accessed by software.
Device ready to be programmed.
Running the niHSDIO Self Test VI or calling
produced a failure.