Installing a pxi module, Figure 1. pxi installation – National Instruments PXI-6561/6562 User Manual
NI Digital Waveform Generator/Analyzer Guide
information on re-enabling your device, refer to the
Installing a PXI Module
To install the module, refer to Figure 1 and complete the following steps:
Figure 1. PXI Installation
1. Power down the chassis before installing the module.
2. If the chassis has multiple fan speed settings, ensure that the fans are set
to the highest setting. Do not set the fan speed to low or turn the fan off.
3. Position the chassis so that you allow plenty of space between the chassis
fan intake and exhaust vents. Blocking the fans affects the air flow
needed for cooling. For more information, refer to the chassis
4. If you need to use an EMI gasket to reduce high-frequency emissions,
install it now. Refer to the Retrofitting Your PXI Module Note to Users
for gasket installation instructions.
5. Remove the packaging material on the PXI connector and on the screws.
6. Ensure that the ejector handle is in the unlatched (downward) position,
as shown in Figure 1.
NI PXI Device