Step 5: connecting the power cord, Step 6: preparing the remote – Sony RDR-VX521 User Manual
Step 5: Connecting the
Plug the recorder and TV power cords into an AC
outlet. After you connect the power cord, you
must wait for a short while before
operating the recorder. You can operate the
recorder only after the front panel display lights up
and the recorder enters standby mode.
If you connect additional equipment to this
recorder (page 28), be sure to connect the power
cord only after all connections are complete.
Step 6: Preparing the
You can control the recorder using the supplied
Insert two size AA (R6) batteries by matching the
3 and # ends on the batteries to the markings
inside the battery compartment. Be sure to close
the battery cover properly. When using the
remote, point it at the remote sensor
• If the supplied remote interferes your other Sony DVD
recorder or player, change the command mode number
for this recorder (page 26).
• Use the batteries correctly to avoid possible leakage
and corrosion. Do not touch the liquid with bare hands
should leakage occur. Observe the following:
– Do not use a new battery with an old battery, or
batteries of different manufacturers.
– Do not attempt to recharge the batteries.
– If you do not intend to use the remote for an extended
period of time, remove the batteries.
– If battery leakage occurs, wipe out any liquid inside
the battery compartment, and insert new batteries.
• Do not expose the remote sensor (marked
front panel) to strong light, such as direct sunlight or
lighting apparatus. The recorder may not respond to the
• With normal use, the batteries should last about three to
• Do not leave the remote in an extremely hot or humid
• Do not drop any foreign object into the remote casing,
particularly when replacing the batteries.
AUDIO OUT COMPONENT
SET TOP BOX
DIGITAL AUDIO OUT
to AC outlet