Important safety instructions, Read all instructions before using, Danger – SINGER W1766 User Manual
Page 3: Warning, Save these instructions, This sewing machine)
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be
folowed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using
(this sewing machine)
To reduce the risk of electric shock:
An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Always unplug this
appliance from the electric outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
Always unplug before relamping, Replace bulb with same type rated 15 watts.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire,
electric shock, or injury to persons:
1. Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when this appliance
is used by or near children.
2. Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Use only
attachments recommended by the manufacturer as contained in this manual.
3. Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working
properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the
appliance to the nearest authorized dealer or service center for examination, repair,
electrical or mechanical adjustment.
4. Never operate the appliance with any air openings blocked. Keep ventilation open
ings of the sewing machine and foot controller free from the accumulation of lint,
dust, and loose cloth.
5. Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
6. Do not use outdoors.
7. Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is
8. To disconnect, turn all controls to the off (“0") position, then remove plug from
9. Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
. Keep fingers away from all moving parts. Special care is required around the sewing
. Always use the proper needle plate. The wrong plate can cause the needle to break.
12. Do not use bent needles.
13. Do not pull or push iabric while stitching. It may deflect the needle causing it to
14. Unplug the sewing machine when making any adjustments in the needle area,
such as threading needle, changing needle, threading bobbin, or changing
presser foot, etc.
15. Always unplug sewing machine from the electrical outlet when removing covers,
lubricating, or when making any other user servicing adjustments mentioned in the
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS