Trouble-shooting guide, Trouble shooting guide – SINGER W1766 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Top rtireod breaks
1. Machine is threaded incorrectly.
2. Tension is loo light
3. Threod is loo hro»)i tor needle size.
4. Needle is inserted incorrectly
5. Threod may be caught on reel holder.
6 Needle is domogerT
R^reod mochine ond needle.
2. Reduce tension on top (smaller numbers).
3. Use larger needle.
4. Reinsert needle (flat side toword bock).
5. Remove spool, rewind excess thread.
6. Insert new needle.
Lower Ihreod breoks
1. Bobbin cose is not inserted correctly.
2 Bobbin cose is improperly threaded.
3 Bobbin tension IS loo light
1. Reposition bobbin. Check by pulling thread. If it pulls
smoothly it is correct.
2. Check for correct threading.
3. Change bobbin tension according to instructions.
1. Needle is not inserted correctly.
2 Needle is domoged
3 Wrong type of needle is used.
4. Wrong foot IS used
5. Foot pressure is wrong
1. Reinsert needle (flat side toword bock).
2. Insert new needle.
3. Match needle size to fabric and threod weight.
4. Check to see if proper sewing foot i| used.
5. Check foot pressure regulation for proper setting.
t. Needle is domoged
2 Needle is not inserted correctly
3. Fobric loo heovy/wrong needle size.
4 Fabric IS being pulled by operator
5 Wrong sewing toot is used
1. Insert new needle.
2 Reinsert needle correctly (flat side toward back).
3. Match needle size to thread & fabric weight.
4. Do not poll on cloth. Check for proper foot pressure.
5. Use correct foot.
Stitching forms loops
1 Needle is not threaded correctly.
2. Bobbin IS not threaded correctly.
3, Needle/fobnc/threod ratio is incorrect.
4 Incorrect tensions.
1. Thread needle front to bock.
2. Thread bobbin occording to chart.
3. Match needle size to thread & fabric weight
4. ^1 correct tensions.
Seoms shrink or pucker
1 Fool pressure is loo heavy
2 Needle IS loo lorge for fabric
3. Wrong stitch length is used
4. Tension IS loo heovy
1 Reduce foot pressure (smaller numbers).
2. Use smaller needle.
3.1 Adjust length for proper stitches.
4. Check tensions.
1 Thread is of poor guolily
2 Fool pressure is too light
3. Bobbin is Ihreoded incorrectly
4. Molerial is being pulled by operolor.
1 Use quality threod!
2 Increase foot pressure (larger numbers)
3, Threod bobbin c^oin and check fr>r proper insertion.
4. Do not pull on fabric. Let it feed automatically.
Machine is noisy
1 Mochine needs oil.
2. Lint and oil residue hove collected in hook or on needle bor.
3. Inferior oil has been used and gums-up machine.
4. Needle is domoged.
1 5. Mochine requires servicing.
1. Oil according to instructions
2. Clean race ond hook occordiitg to instructions.
3. Cleon ond oil agoin only with fine sewing machine oii
(not 3-in-1 oil)
4. Reploce needle.
5. Consult your specialist dealer.