Replacing a wound bobbin, Raising the bobbin thread – SINGER 1036 Creative Touch User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Replacing a Wound Bobbin
REPLACING A WOUND BOBBIN
Raise take-up lever to its highest position.
1. Open slide plate; move bobbin latch all the
way to the left.
2. Draw about an inch of thread from bobbin
and place bobbin in case.
3. Pull thread into bobbin-case slot (point 1),
draw it under flat spring and around to (or
slightly past) point
leaving two or three
inches of free thread. (Leave slide plate
RAISING THE BOBBIN THREAD
Set stitch width dial at .
1. Move bobbin latch to right (sewing posi
tion). Hold needle thread lightly with left
hand and turn hand wheel slowly toward
you so the needle enters plate.
2. Continue turning hand wheel and holding
needle thread until needle rises. Tighten
your hold on the needle thread and bring
up bobbin thread in a loop.
3. Open the loop with your fingers, draw nee
dle and bobbin threads under the presser
foot and place them diagonally to right or
left. Then close the slide plate.
Pull Thread into Slot 1
Under Flat Spring
Around to Point 2
Raising the Bobbin Thread