Thread guides, Electrical connections and speed controller, Principal parts and what they do – SINGER 1036 Creative Touch User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
principal parts and what they do
1. Console Cover protects against dust, is
hinged for easy access to controls.
2. Stitch-balance Dial adjusts balance of
Flexi-Stitch patterns and buttonholes.
3. Pattern-selector Release Lever unlocks
the pattern selecter.
4. Pattern Selector controls pointer on
5. Stitch-width Dial controls zig-zag stitch
6. Needle-position Ring places needle in
e i t h e r J „ ( l e f t ) , ( c e n t e r ) ,
or (right) stitching position.
7. Stitch Pattern Panel pictures stitches
and allows for quick selection.
8. Take-up Lever controls flow of needle
9. Pressure Dial regulates presser-foot
pressure on fabric.
10. Rear Thread Guide holds needle thread
firmly in place while sewing.
11. Snap-in Thread Guidepost eliminates
possible tangling of thread.
12. Presser-foot Lifter, at back of machine,
allows you to raise and lower the presser
13. Thread Cutter is built into presser bar for
safety and convenience.
14. Buttonhole Lever sets the machine for
15. Thread Guides
16. Zig-zag Foot holds fabric against feed.
17. F//p & Sew* Panel converts machine for
18. Zig-zag Plate secured by magnets.
Guidelines on right and left sides help
you keep seams straight.
19. Soft-touch Feed moves fabric under
presser foot. Soft surface does not injure
fabric, even the most delicate.
20. Bobbin Latch allows you to switch from
sewing to bobbin winding without remov
21. Transparent Bobbin shows thread supply.
22. Slide Plate has a window to show bobbin
thread supply at a glance.
23. Needle Clamp holds single and twin nee
dles. It is designed to eliminate the
possibility of inserting needle back
24. Tension Dial lets you select just the right
tension for your stitch, thread and fabric.
25. Built-in Sewing Light illuminates sewing
26. Stitch-length Dial allows for a variety of
stitch lengths. To reverse stitching,
press dial all the way down and hold in
27. Electrical Connections and Speed Con
28. Power and Light Switch turns on the
m a c h i n e a n d t h e s e w i n g l i g h t
29. Hand Wheel controls movement of take-
up lever and needle.
30. Friction-free Spool Holder, with horizon
tal pin holds spools of various sizes.