SINGER 1036 Creative Touch User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Creating Soft Fold
• Stitch: Blindstitch
• Stitch Width: 2 to 5 (depending on fabric)
• Needle Position:
• Stitch Length: 6 to 12
• Zig-Zag Plate
• Zig-Zag Foot
• Blindstitch Hem Guide
Blindstitching takes a little practice, so make
a test sample first.
Raise take-up lever to its highest position.
1. Raise presser foot, loosen presser-foot
screw, and slip blindstitch hem guide be
tween screw and shank of zig-zag foot.
Make sure underside of guide clears slide
plate and front of foot. Tighten presser-foot
2. Turn up hem in width desired. Apply ap
propriate finish to hem edge and press.
(You may want to baste the turned hem to
hold it in place. If so, be sure to place
basting at least V
inch below top edge of
3. Fold the hem back against right side of gar
ment, creating a soft fold about V
from top edge of hem on wrong side of
work. Press lightly.
4. Position hem under foot with soft fold rest
ing against wall of guide. Make sure flange
of guide is between the soft fold and top of
5. Lower the foot and stitch so that the straight
stitches fall on the hem edge and sideward
stitches pierce the soft fold. While stitching,
guide hem edge in a straight line and feed
soft fold evenly against wall of hem guide.
6. Raise take-up lever to its highest position.
Raise presser foot and remove work (by
drawing it to the back).