Starting the seam – SINGER 1036 Creative Touch User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
STARTING THE SEAM
Always test-stitch seams on fabric scraps
before stitching your garment. This will ena
ble you to get the feel of handling the fabric.
Aiso, it wiii indicate whether tension, pres
sure, stitch length, needle and thread are cor
To avoid tangled threads on the underside of
the fabric, it is important to start and end
• Raise the take-up iever to its highest posi
tion by turning the hand wheei toward you or
pressing iightly on the speed controlier.
Raise presser foot.
• Draw needle and bobbin threads under foot
and place them diagonally to right.
• Hold thread ends and with a iight touch on
the speed controlier or by turning the hand
wheei toward you, position needle in fabric
inch from fabric edge.
• Lower the presser foot.
• Press stitch-iength dial all the way down
and hold in place.
• Start machine and backstitch to edge of
fabric. (Do not sew beyond edge of fabric.)
• Release the stitch-length dial and sew in