To turn corners, To sew elastic fabrics, To sew very thin cloth – SINGER W3051 User Manual
Page 17: Bastin6, To keep your machine in perfect condition
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
So4^m ^4^«/ Se44M4tq, cMi4ii6.
TO TURN CORNERS :
1. Stop the machine while the needle is still in the material.
2. Raise the presser foot and turn the fabric using the needle as a pivot.
3. Lower the presser foot and resume sewing.
TO SEW ELASTIC FABRICS:
In sewing such elastic materials as jerseys, bias cut cloth, etc., it is advisable to sew them with reduced
upper thread tension, otherwise the thread will break when the sewn materials are stretched.
TO SEW VERY THIN CLOTH :
When sewing very thin cloth which tends to gather as you sew, place a sheet of newspaper or any other
thin paper underneath the material and sew with the shortest stitch possible. This will keep your work
1. Reduce the tension of the upper thread and employ the longest stitch possible.
2. The stitches may then be easily removed by pulling the lower thread.
TO KEEP YOUR MACHINE IN PERFECT CONDITION :
1. Keep all moving parts of the machine constantly oiled and clean.
2. Always turn balance wheel toward you, even when by hand.
3. Do not run machine without doth.
4. When sewing, do not pull the material because you will bend the needle. The machine is designed
to feed the material automatically.
5. Do not operate machine when the presser bar lifter is raised.