Upper threading – SINGER W167 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
1) Turn hand wheel toward you to raise take-up
lever to its highest position
Place spool of thread on upper spool pin
Lead thread through arm thread guide A
4! Down and around tension discs B from right to
5) Into the check spring C over discs
6) Then down under thread under bar D (See in
sert, Fig. 10)
7) Up into take-up lever E from right to left
8) Down into thread guide F on face plate
9 ) Through the needle bar thread guide G
10) And into needle from left to right. Pull three or four inches of thread through needle.
Hold the end of upper thread loosely and turn hand wheel toward you until the needle goes
dll the way down and comes back up. A loop (Fig. 11) will be formed over the lower thread
which then can be pulled out straight. Place both thread ends under the slot of the presser foot
and draw toward the back of the machine, leaving both threads three or four inches long.