Making a message – NetComm 6510 User Manual
6510 UM Telephone User Guide
Making a Message
You can send a single message to individual users or to a list of users using a
To send a message:
1. In the Main Menu, press M (number 6 on the keypad). The system
prompts you to enter the recipient’s mailbox number.
2. Enter the destination mailbox number. You can send a single
message to multiple users, distribution lists, or AMIS/VPIM
Note: You may also dial-by-name if you do not know the mailbox
number (extension) of the person for whom you wish to leave a
Depending on the destination, the message is addressed differently:
User: Enter the destination mailbox when prompted.
Dial-by-Name: Press *, followed by the digits that correspond to the
person’s first or last name.
Distribution List: Press *, followed immediately by the distribution list
AMIS Network Site: Enter the remote destination mailbox, and then *,
followed by the AMIS/VPIM site number.
The system speaks the destination information and prompts you to
confirm the information.
3. Press 1 if the correct destination was entered.
4. Press 2 if the incorrect destination was entered and re-enter the
You will now be prompted to record a message.
5. Record your message and then press #.