Firmware, Firmware -7 – NETGEAR Digital Entertainer EVA700 User Manual
Digital Entertainer Model EVA700 User Manual
Media Library and Digital Entertainer Settings
v1.0, May 2006
2. Aim the remote control at the digital entertainer and push Menu.
The Setup menu appears on the television screen.
3. Select WiFI at the top of the screen.
By default the Now Using field shows Wired network.
The digital entertainer shows all available wireless networks in your area in
the Available field.
4. Select your wireless network.
5. If your network uses wireless security, enter the settings in the Security field,
and if applicable in the Passphrase and Key fields.
WEP. You can do either of the following:
Manually enter a hex or ascii key in the 'Key' box.
Enter a passphrase in the Passphrase box and select Generate. The
Key box is automatically filled.
WPA-PSK. Enter the WPA passphrase into the Key box.
6. Select Save to save your settings.
7. Select Reset Network Connection.
The digital entertainer tries to connect to your network.
You can view the firmware version and check for updates, even if your computer
is not running. The digital entertainer uses your network router to access the
Internet. Follow the steps below to check for product updates.
1. Press Menu on the remote control.
2. At the top of the Setup screen, select Firmware.
The firmware version and file system version are displayed.
3. You can use the following options:
Warning: Do not play media on the digital entertainer during the